HAIR & MAKE UP
Premier model management
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience?
1. The concept for this shoot began with the colour palette. The teal and grey background mixed with the textures of metallics and pastels. Together with our stylist Adelaide Turnbull the theme really developed. Down to the last ring she nailed the look and created a beautiful colour scheme to compliment the model and clothing. Overall it’s about a simple beauty.
What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists
together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team?
2. Right from the get go everybody involved had the look and feel spot on and essentially that is was makes for a great shoot. It’s important to be surrounded by a team that are just as enthusiastic as you are.
As an editorial artist,
What do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tends to makes?
3. Over thinking, over doing. Stripping everything back can be just as effective.
How would you describe your artistic style
4. I generally love clean and simple looks but photography is so vast I would never restrict myself to one thing
Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
5. Behind the camera, 100%
What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
6. My weakness, over analysing, my strength, over analysing
What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
7. The work of putting together a shoot is just hard as the actually shoot itself. It takes a huge amount of effort to put together the right team, to find the right location, to get the perfect model. It can be exhausting but when it all falls into place it’s completely worth it.
What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your
8. If i’m not shooting, retouching or editing, i’m usually thinking about shooting, retouching and editing. Sometimes it’s hard to switch off but I believe I have a good balance between work and hobby
Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
9. I finally committed to Spotify so my choice is now endless but two songs currently on repeat are The Avener/Fade out lines and Klangkarussell/Sonneentanz
Words to live by?
10. Live, forget the words