FEATURED MAKEUP ARTISTS INTERVIEW
1. What do you hope your contribution to the project says to
I hope my contribution to the project lets viewers understand the freedom of creativity within a structure. This color story allowed me to step outside the box and just have fun with color without limitations.
2. How has working with a team benefited you aside from strengthening your skills?
Working with a team has benefited me by allowing someone else's creative vision enhances what I already visualize. Working with a team allows room for other perspectives besides my very own.
3. What is some good advice for Makeup Artists striving to work in this industry?
Good advice for makeup artist that are striving to work in this industry is to be a good listener. Ultimately you provide a service and the client needs to be pleased especially if you are looking to get booked again. Allow your vision to enhance what the client desires.
4. What do you find to be the most rewarding and difficult when working with a team of artists to meet a common look?
I often find the finished project the most rewarding. What I sometimes find difficult is when everyone is not on the same page and the communication between all parties is not consistent.
5. How do you plan for the unexpected?
I plan for the unexpected by being prepared and allowing for flexibility and creativity. Being prepared will allow you to think quickly and outside the box. Makeup is an artistic form of expression. With art the only limits are the ones you give yourself.
6. What do you feel is a common mistake Makeup Artists make?
A common mistake makeup artist make is to not continue nourishing their creative mind through education and or technique classes.
7. What advanced classes have you taken that you feel has helped you the most?
I have attended Lea Schor Aesthetic Institute. I have studied advanced skin care and aesthetics, camouflage makeup, bridal makeup and makeup for television. I have also assisted top industry professionals that continue to provide new insight and techniques.
8.What do you say to those who don’t feel education is important throughout their career?
Knowledge is power! The education you have received maybe the difference between you and someone else booking the job.
9. How do you keep your style fresh?
I keep my style fresh by interacting with other artists and researching trends. Ironically enough, everything tends to come full circle with a twist so I look for what can be enhanced or embraced or what can be changed to give new life to something that has already been done.
10. How would you describe your style?
My style would definitely be described as beauty makeup: Flawless skin with a glow. Love allowing your natural beauty to be enhanced.
11. How did you get your start in the editorial world? How hard or easy was it for you to build your career?
This is my first editorial!
12. What has been the most amazing opportunity you have had in this industry so far?
The most amazing opportunity thus far has been to travel the world doing what I love with artists that I admire.
13. What colors are you in love with right now?
I'm inspired most now by super bright matte lipsticks like pink coral and/or orange. It's summertime so a nice lip and fresh dewy skin is always beautiful.
14. What inspires you?
Fashion inspires me the most. I can come up with a look and a concept in minutes when there is great fashion involved. Also nature has no limitations with it being organic and its color pallet.
16. Next BIG goal?
My next big goal is to make the cross from the beauty world into the editorial world. Also ad campaigns!
Model / Echo Nittolitto