FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1. How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience?
Really the idea of the location and proximity of the city to the sea. We went several days to analyze the light and the planes of the location in order to realize the photos.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team?
I've been working for several years with the same team of professionals, and we understand each other perfectly, thanks to our ongoing study of fashion by three of us: photographer, stylist and makeup artist. At first it is hard, but our tastes match and makes things easier.
3. As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tend to make?
Editorials that are too complicated. I think simplicity is best. Editorials have to start simple and construct themselves slowly to evolve.
4. How would you describe your artistic style?
I have no words to describe it. I think I rely a lot on current influences from magazines, the internet ... grandisima. Pinterest is a source of inspiration.
5. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
Behind the camera, of course, I am the photographer not photographed.
6. What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
My biggest weakness is retouching, but I'm starting to train a lot to improve. My greatest strength is consistency and dedication.
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
The truth is I do not criticize others for what they think. I believe that all opinions are valid, and the fashion world is changing and that ridiculous idea today is a great idea for a big shoot tomorrow.
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your passion?
Patience and perseverance, just that.
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
I have a Spotify list prepared for each session. Chill out music usually but it depends on the idea of the photo.
10. Words to live by?
Photography. Photography. Photography
Sara De Antonio @ Blow Models