Photographers: Karl & Kristof
Makeup: Heith Chanel
Model: Giannina Oteto @ Trend Models
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER DUO INTERVIEW
1. What does this collection say about your mindset when you were
Simplicity. We wanted to create something simple with a lot of use of shape and a small hint of color, bright colors but not loud.
2. Where do you most often find inspiration from? And when you lose
it...what do u do to find it?
We find our inspiration in our everyday life. From reading books, magazines,
Looking at photography, watching movies etc. Inspiration is everywhere you just have to see everything out of a creative point of view.
3. What do you look for and lookout for... when putting together the perfect
We look for people who like to take a creative initiative and contribute to the
concept when planning the shoot, people who can come with suggestions to
perfect the concept. What we look out for is the exact opposite, a person without a creative mind who won’t add anything to the shoot.
4. Why editorial, session work? So many say it’s a dead road... why did
you continue to pursue this path?
Shooting editorials is a great way to get the work you are truly passionate about out there. When we shoot an editorial we shoot something we really like and that we want others to see and hopefully be inspired by.
5. While on set, how do you stay focused?
Easy! Our entire crew is always very focused and on the same level as us, so
when we are on set shooting the only thing on everybody’s mind is the work that we are doing at the moment.
6. Share with us the most unexpected thing that has happened while on
set, good or bad.
The most unexpected, and embarrassing thing that has happened was this one time when the model got out of hair, makeup and wardrobe after about 1.5 hours and we shot one frame and then the camera died. Always bring a spare!
7. Favorite quote or quotes you live by? And how do u apply them to your
work? What is your personal mantra?
"You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it." You have to dress to the occasion. Imagine showing up to a fashion shoot wearing crocs and
sweatpants, the people around you would probably second guess your ability to shoot a decent fashion story haha.
8. Is there anyone experience(s) in particular that you feel has made the
biggest impact on your career?
The day we decided to team up as a creative photographer duo. It completely
changed our photographic style and also how we approach the creative aspect of it. By teaming up it feels as if we found ourselves, and the style of photography we want to do.
9. What do you believe is a common mistake within the industry? And what
can others do to avoid being a cliché?
Nowadays putting a flash on your camera, point, shoot a half naked girl and call yourself a photographer is the biggest cliché. Try to be unique by learning good lighting and put your personal touch on it, it is the only way to stand out.
10. Favorite adult beverage? Why...and when did u first have one?
Definitely “Old Fashioned”. Great drink for any occasion, and a very classy one too. Can’t remember the first one but it was probably about ten years ago.