Fashion Stylist: Angelina Scantlebury
Make-up artist and hair stylist: Christopher Marcum http://christophermarcummakeup.com
Model: Molly Fletcher. Major Model Management NYC.
Photographer's Assistant: Lina M. Lopez
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1.How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience?
This editorial is full of female empowerment. I wanted to show that is
possible to be powerful through our feminine essence and overcome traditional notions of gender.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artist together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team? I’m a dreamer and I like fantasy. Sometimes it’s hard to find a complete team with the same vision. I pick my team based on their capacity to create the story with me.
3. As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tend to make?
Creativity will always allow you to make mistakes. Just keep your mind
focused on where you want to be with your art.
4. How would you describe your artistic style?
I like to think that I have a “storytelling style” with the ability to express the story to those who are looking at my images. My style has been described by other artists as “dreamy and very feminine”.
5. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
I belong behind my camera.
6. What is your greatest weakness and greatest strength?
I would say that my greatest weakness is my tendency to overthink the
concepts that I want to shoot. It gets overwhelming sometimes. My
greatest strength is the ability to bring to life those concepts and tell the
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
To me the biggest misconception is to think that fashion is superficial
and shouldn’t be consider an art. Fashion comes from creativity
therefore is art.
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following
Happily married to an amazing man, a proud mother of twin boys and knowing exactly what my priorities are in life. Without the amazing of support from my family I would not be able to follow my passion for photography I’m a very lucky person.
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you
playing while you are shooting? Lately I’m obsessed with
Florence + The Machine. Love the way their music makes me feel
when I’m shooting or editing.
10. Words to live by?
Be who you want to be.