FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1. How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience?
This collection is a mix of clean but dark. Heavily inspired by the campaigns for Dior Homme and Jil Sander. I wanted to create graphic and dynamic photographs.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team?
It’s all about the team! Finding people who are as excited about the concept as I is always key. Ensuring everyone is giving 110% and to deliver on set. And of course a positive attitude on set.
3. As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tend to make?
I would say the biggest mistake is not being prepared for the worst. People need to realize not everything is going to work as planned, especially if you’re shooting on location. Always have a backup plan!
4. How would you describe your artistic style?
I would describe my style as graphic, clean, and sharp.
5. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
Behind the camera.
6. What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
Weakness: I’m very analytical and over analyze the smallest of situations Greatest strength: I would have to say studio lighting. I love having control.
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
I would definitely say the amount of time and effort that actually goes into planning a fashion or beauty editorial. From planning the concept to print is a long process.
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your passion?
Keeping an open mind and determination. I find when I’m on set I’m the happiest just doing what I love.
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
Upbeat music to get everyone hyped. Some electronic, hip-hop and some 90’s music.
10. Words to live by?
Respect yourself and others will respect you
Mark Jordy Gonzales
Kevin Cheng Chi Sum
MODEL/ Jack @ (Elite)