Alexandre Paskanoi - www.paskanoi.com
twitter, instagram - @paskanoi
MUA: Alexandra - Annie Young Cosmetiques
Hair: Véronique Dupont
Stylist: Miu Koridi
Model: Marie @ Montage Montreal
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1. What does this collection say about your mindset when you were creating it?
I imagined a bright multicolored bouquet which was made of various fresh blooming flowers.
2. Where do you most often find inspiration from? And when you lose it…what do u do to find it?
It is a mix of inspiration from everyday life and magazines.
3. What do you look for and lookout for… when putting together the perfect set team?
When you create an image in your head and you really want to replicate that exact idea, the fear of not succeeding in it is what I always lookout for. I always make sure that my team is on the same page as me.
4. Why editorial, session work? So many say it’s a hard road… why did you continue to pursue this path?
To me an editorial is the narrative made of a few chapters. I love story telling
5. While on set, how do you stay focused?
I disconnect myself from reality, and completely dive into the concept.
6. Share with us the most unexpected thing that has happened while on set, good or bad.
I didn't have a lot of unexpected things before, but recently something unpleasant happened on the set. I was shooting an editorial in Miami and the setting outside was cancelled because of the weather conditions, we had to do it inside and it was very difficult to shoot inside at the facility.On that day so many things went wrong, my equipment was soaked and some things were ruined, on top of everything the model had fainted during the photoshoot because she didn't feel well on that day. Also we didn't expect to see another team of photographers shooting at the same location as we were.
7. Favorite quote or quotes you live by? And how do u apply them to your work? What is your personal mantra?
In photo veritas! I do the best I can.
8. Is there anyone experience(s) in particular that you feel has made the biggest impact on your career?
Mario Testino, Terry Richardson, Patrick Demarchelier
9. What do you believe is a common mistake within the industry? And what can others do to avoid being a cliché?
The biggest mistake is that with an introduction of digital photography many forgot about film and the origins of photography, about the old style classics and it's charms.
10. Favorite adult beverage? Why…and when did u first have one?
I occasionally enjoy a glass of good cognac. I tried my first glass of cognac in France circa 2000.