FEATURED MAKEUP ARTIST INTERVIEW
1. What do you hope your contribution to the project says to the viewers?
I would like to say makeup is a good way to show your different personalities.
2. How has working with a team benefited you aside from strengthening your skills?
The most important thing when you work in a team is the communication. We share ideas, feelings, which help to create a story around the pictures.
3. What is some good advice for Makeup Artists striving to work in this industry?
Focus on your goal and preciously keep all the good advice you receive.
4. What do you find to be the most rewarding and difficult when working with a team of artists to meet a common look?
Sometimes you need to calm down your creativity because if everyone wants to do their own ideas it's not going to work.
5. How do you plan for the unexpected?
Sometimes the unexpected pushes you to make better decisions, so I just take it as a good thing!
6. What do you feel is a common mistake Makeup Artists make?
I see too much foundation and powder. When the model has good skin I don't see the point of covering it.
7. What advanced classes have you taken that you feel has helped you the most?
Art classes in high school were important, this is where I learned how to use colors, shapes, textures, etc.
8. What do you say to those who don’t feel education is important throughout their career?
Education is important, it makes you curious about everything and as an artist it's important to look around you and have good knowledge about art, history, and literature.
9. How do you keep your style fresh?
I try not to follow the makeup trends and just do what I want.
10.What would you say you have learned of most value through your experiences as a Makeup Artist?
Sharing with others is a rich experience that always pushes you further.
11. How would you describe your style?
Minimalist and modern.
12. How did you get your start in the editorial world? How hard or easy was it for you to build your career?
I have been lucky to work with talented photographers straight out of school who trusted me. So starting my career was quite easy, but I'm 24 years old so I'm just at the beginning! I'm still building it bit-by-bit everyday.
13. What has been the most amazing opportunity you have had in this industry so far?
I did an editorial with some amazing vintage high fashion jewellery. All the pieces were shown during an exhibition at the Grand Palais in Paris at this time, so we had to wait till the exhibition was closed to start working. I felt really lucky to have the opportunity to work with such valuable pieces!
14. What colors are you in love with right now?
I like electric blue/green on the eyes and Russian red/neon orange for the lips.
15. What inspires you?
Everything! At the moment I'm working on a beauty story inspired by Fernand Léger's paints.
16. Next BIG goal?
Working on some major fashion magazine editorials but I'm not in a rush, I'm growing step by step!