Photographer / Herve Moutou
Make up and hair artist / Mayu Morimoto
Model / Marion Villalard
Retoucher / Viktor Fejes
FEATURED MAKEUP ARTIST INTERVIEW
1. What does this collection say about your mindset when you were creating it?
It was all about warm colors : bordeaux, red, orange, etc. Those are my favorite colors at the moment.
2. Where do you most often find inspiration from? And when you lose it…what do u do to find it?
I usually draw a lot. Also I will again get inspiration from the street if I lose it. I pay attention to the people in the streets a lot.
3. What's your favorite technique or trick? And who taught it to you?
I was Jonathan Dadoun's assistant, and learned a lot from him. My trick would be drawing, when it comes to make up. Make up is like painting !
4. Why editorial, session work? So many say it’s a dead road… why did you continue to pursue this path?
I don't know why people think it's a dead road. To me editorial work is a must.
5. While on set, how do you stay focused?
It's hard to stay focused while on set. I don't speak much while on set and that helps me to stay focused.
6. Share with us the most unexpected thing that has happened while on set, good or bad.
So far, nothing really unexpected has happened to me while on set !
7. Favorite quote or quotes you live by? And how do u apply them to your work? What is your personal mantra?
"Tough times bring opportunity", "Practice makes perfect".
8. Is there anyone experience(s) in particular that you feel has made the biggest impact on your career?
Not really, but I think I learned from a lot of experiences in this industry. In Japan as a hair artist and MUA, I do a lot of studio work, video, weddings, ...
9. What do you believe is a common mistake within the industry? And what can others do to avoid being a cliché?
Photographers often ask me to go for the natural look. I think you should go for the specific look, build your own style. Renew. Have plenty of ideas in your brain !
10. If you could go back to the beginning of your career, what piece of advice would you give your newbie self ?
Don't stay an assistant for too long ! But the best advice would be : create something.
11. Who is your biggest role model and why? What collection stands out in your mind?
I love BB and the 60s. Girls with self confidence.
12. What colors are you in love with right now?
At the moment it has to be bordeaux ! I also love beige, light beige, rose beige, grey beige, ...
13.. Favorite adult beverage? Why…and when did u first have one?
I don't drink much alcohol ! Maybe white wine or champagne, I can't remember when I started drinking though.