Photographer: Peter Schreiber
Fashion Stylist: Katharina Klug represented by
Gloss Artist Management
Hair/makeup: John Elliott
using M.A.C.cosmetics and ALCINA haircare
Model: Natalia Beber Pars Model Management
Fine Art Retouching: Martin Kula
Location: Studio26 Cape Town
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1. How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience?
The main idea was the copper theme, cause copper is the new gold!
having the copper accessoires, me and the stylist tried to develop a look
that creates a goddess! We used studio26.co.za as a location because we instantly saw the possibility in it, to combine the greek architecture combined with white and copper clothes. to underline the strength of a goddess I used the strong lighting.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team?
To me the team is, after the model, everything. being only able to shoot
good pictures, if there is balance around me (i´m a libra), i choose my
team very carefully. to me every artist must be top level, but still being
able to step back from his ego, to allow real team work.
3. As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tend to make?
Beginners often try to copy too much.
4. How would you describe your artistic style?
My artistic style is very open to changes and spontaneous ideas. to me
standing still is the beginning of the end.
5. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
I rather have models in front of the camera than being myself in front of
6. What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
Being too nice sometimes get´s abused. my greatest strength is: no fear!
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
They believe our job is like in the casting shows on tv...
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your passion?
Like confucius said: „choose a job you love, and you will never have to
work a day in your life.“ this fits perfect for me!
but everything in life needs to be balanced, too much of anything is
unhealthy. To balance out working and travelling about 200 days of the year I find rest and energy in my family!
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
Only happy music-nobody needs a headache!
10. Words to live by?
"fear is stupid, so are regrets." marilyn monroe