David Fierro <http://fierrophotography.com>
Mia Fiddis (Judy Inc.) <http://judyinc.com>
Make-up and Hair:
Sonia Leal-Serafim (They Rep) <http://theyrep.com>
Yana @ NEXT Canada <http://nextmodels.ca>
West 7 Studios <http://west7studios.com>
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1. How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience?
This collection speaks to me through its simple beauty; I really wanted to highlight this beautiful young model. It came about through a collaborative effort between my team and the model. We knew we wanted something timeless and romantic, so we hope our efforts came across to the audience.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team?
The most difficult part is getting everyone on the same page. Is getting the schedules together. Most artist are just that artist, and they have a pretty great ideas, I am always open to what the team has to contribute... listening carefully always helps.
3. As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tend to make?
One of the biggest mistakes is not to make mistakes.
4. How would you describe your artistic style?
Whenever I’m shooting, I try to incorporate the beauty of subjects before me. I want my work to be timeless; Images that hold the test of time. There has to be an emotional attachment to the image, it’s not just the pretty picture.
5. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
I’d prefer to have the camera in my hand.
6. What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
My over Enthusiasm for getting the shot, my greatest strength is my commitment for getting the great shots.
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
I think the biggest misconception is that fashion is all glam! The reality is it’s just like any other job – At the end of the day, it’s what you make of it.
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your passion?
It’s no secret but I like to take time to enjoy this amazing world out there. It helps recharge and inspire. Spending time with my family and friends is also important.
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
I like something with a beat to keep things moving, but I tend to end up going back to my favorites, which is a pretty broad range - So much wonderful talent out there.
10. Words to live by?
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken - Oscar wild