Photographer: PATRICK STYRNOL
Hair & Makeup: MILKO GRIEGER
Design & Styling: AYNUR PEKTAS
Model: JASMIN @ Pearl Model Management
FEATURED INTERVIEW WITH AYNUR PEKTAS (Designer)
1.How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience
My new collection describes the modesty of the black nights. Usually I only deal with the color white in my designs but black is my extreme. For this collection my my goal was to push so far away from my conventional work. Combining how I felt at the moment mixed with my white design sensibilities it melted into my sexy strange black nights.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team
The most important thing is to realize the vision you have. Every artist has to interpret and implement your vision into reality. That means that you must choose professionals which can understand and life your vision.
3.As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tend to make?
To work without any concept and to be unorganized and to choose unprofessional teams.
4. How would you describe your artistic style
5.Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
Behind the camera you can see more.
6.What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
I'm a perfectionist it a weakness and a strength
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
Some of the Outsiders don’t see the story behind the images. They don’t see the kind of art, the vision.
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your passion?
To make my work with heart, everything else follows.
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
Music which gives positive energy on set so anything that gives me that dancing feeling!
10. Words to live by?
Work hard for your visions and don`t wait for it to happen go for it!