Iris Moreau @ www.onerepresents.com
Michael Kanyon @ www.celestineagency.com
Stormi @ www.visionlosangeles.com
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1. How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience?
I wanted to encourage the viewer to look beyond the surface and create their own world. By adding texture and depth in multiple layers from different locations, that depth extends beyond the two dimensional image and evokes a sense of travel.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team?
Putting together any group of creative people to work in sync with one another is always a challenge. I find that once Iʼve found the right people for the job, if I communicate my vision for the story clearly it helps everyone work in symmetry towards that goal. Personality, timing,
collaboration - all these things have to merge to make the shoot successful.
3. As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tend to make?
One of the most often beginner mistakes is to put cigarettes in a models hand... Iʼm guilty of having done this myself early on. There are lots of other creative ways to create mood that are more interesting.
4. How would you describe your artistic style?
Iʼm reluctant to define my own style. Itʼs subconscious, so were I to define it, I might start shooting what people expect me to shoot. I prefer that the viewer decides what they see...
5. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front?
I have a lot of experience in front of camera and thatʼs very useful when Iʼm directing the model while Iʼm shooting shooting. Personally, I prefer being behind the camera.
6. What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
Answering questions about my work. I prefer to let the pictures speak for themselves. Greatest strength? Being comfortable with my answers.
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
Most people donʼt realize how much work and how many people it takes to create a story..They donʼt know how challenging it is to put together a team that's required for a successful shoot. If theres one week link the shots wonʼt work. Iʼve been very lucky to work with the people
Iʼve been able to work with.
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your passion?
Stay loose and keep an open mind.
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
I keep an extensive library and create multiple playlists for different moods. I play everything from classical to pop to rock it all depends on what Iʼm shooting and what emotions I want from the talent.
10. Words to live by?
Keep failing until one day you do something differently.