Photographer: Emmanuel Sanchez-‐Monsalve
Hair & Makeup: Briana Chapman
Fashion Stylist: Quentin Tommie
Model: Andrea Marcaccini
I LOVE Models
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1. How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you
want this to say to your audience? The main inspiration was nature and it’s serenity. We wanted the model to express a meditative state of mind- creating a space in which he can interact with nature. The location we used was at the Everglades in Miami. We wanted to go far away from the
congested beach and downtown area as possible.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists together
to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team? It’s imperative to select the group of artist that works well in following your vision. I
always look not only into their work, but their personality. It needs to all come together in working with a team.
3. As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners
tend to make?
I think beginners are so wrapped around getting a “pretty” picture, instead of thinking
about the whole story and the different compositions of a photo.
4 How would you describe your artistic style?
My artistic style is always changing. I’m still growing as a photographer and experimenting with different techniques is crucial for my aesthetic.
5 Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
I prefer to be behind the camera.
6. What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
My greatest weakness is that I’m too nice. My greatest strength I think has to be my communication skills.
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials? They really don’t see the amount of effort that is put into creating an editorial. They think it’s extremely easy and takes no time.
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your passion?
No matter the situation, I keep my mindset positive and eyes focused on the bigger dream.
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
My music spectrum is very broad. So I leave it up to the model to choose the music. Its
mostly something hype and energetic.
10. Words to live by?
“I am who I am. Your approval isn't needed…”