HAIR & MAKE UP:
MODEL: KRISTINA PETROSIUTE @ UNO MODELS
Leyre Valiente - http://www.leyrevaliente.com
Almaravi - http://www.almaravi.com
Esther Noriega - http://www.esthernoriega.com
Eric Gallais - http://www.ericgallais.com
Blossan - http://www.blossan.com
Gara Kraus - http://www.garakraus.com
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1. How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience?
In reality this session arose from nothing. Uno models agency wrote me that Kristina was in Madrid and told them I wanted to take pictures with her. Talk with my confidence showroom particularly with Manu Garrido and one friend make up artist and shoot in the Circle of Fine Arts in Madrid, in the rooftop. With this session I want to show my weakness for photography from the high of cities and shows very well the type of frame angle shot and poses I like to get in the pictures.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team?
I think that working with a team of professionals and we all go in the same direction is essential to get a good production. When you're starting is always tricky to work with the best professionals but at the point where I am now always I turn to faithful people who always response me.
3. As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tend to make?
Everyone in the beginning we make an error, but that is what takes us forward because we learn from our mistakes. I think the essential is work hard every day and never find comparisons in your immediate environment, always feel influenced by the greatest of each sector.
4. How would you describe your artistic style?
Elegance, sensuality and clean. I also have a pure love for remote and singular locations and try to mix all of these components.
5. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
Always behind. I am aware of complexity in many moments to getting in front of the lens of photographer, so I respect this so much. Also I have found that my image in photos never comes out favored, so I try to get others if they are.
6. What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
My biggest weakness I'm just too perfectionist and my greatest strength is perseverance at work without caring what is being said at every moment.
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
Many people are not aware of the work that's behind a fashion production and people who are involved to carry it out. They think it is an ephemeral world, but if they knew the satisfaction that produces get a nice image in very close team would change their thinking.
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your passion?
There is no secret to maintaining a balanced and happy life while I do my passion. Everything is an assembly makes each of the two aspects will flow through the same channel. Surrounding yourself with people who have the same concerns as you always help.
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
I love the Spanish musician groups because I feel identified in many occasions with the lyrics. When I want to cause a certain acting on a model attempt to mold the type of musician to what I want. The electronic music, hip hop and r&b help often enough to get the results that seek.
10. Words to live by?
Luck does not exist, is to be found.