Photographer - Jennifer Dickinson - www.jenniferdickinson.ca
Makeup & Hair - Angie Di Battista - www.angiedibattista.com
Fashion Stylist - Vanessa Sanchez - www.sanchezstylist.wordpress.com
Model - Robyn Williamson represented by Fenton Moon and Lang Models
www.fentonmoon.com and www.langmodels.com
http://www.aldoshoes.com / ALDO
http://www.aritzia.com / BABATON
http://www.bcbg.com / BCBG MAX AZRIA
http://www.fendi.com / FENDI
http://www.frenchconnection.com / FRENCH CONNECTION
http://www.maje.com / MAJE
http://www.guessbymarciano.guess.com / MARCIANO
http://www.us.sandro-paris.com / SANDRO
http://www.topshop.com / TOPSHOP
http://www.vincecamuto.com / VINCE CAMUTO
http://www.aritzia.com / WILFRED
http://www.zara.com / ZARA
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1. How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience?
The idea was to create classic, yet modern images. I wanted to convey simplicity and luxury.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team?
Sometimes it can be difficult because everyone has a different eye. I find it helpful to have a face-to-face meeting with the team and reference mood boards to make sure everyone is on the same page.
3. As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tend to make?
Quality control. I think some beginners can be really impatient and want to be published immediately -- and while some do have the talent, it takes time and practice to develop the eye for quality.
4. How would you describe your artistic style?
In one word; clean.
5. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
Definitely behind; I'm a photographer, I like taking photographs, not being the subject of them!
6. What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
I'm a perfectionist. Sometimes I can take longer than anticipated working on a set of images because of this!
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
A lot of people think it's all glitz and glamour -- it's not! It's often full days of shooting, and while it is fun, there is a lot of work involved.
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your passion?
I don't know if I have a secret… I love what I do so much and I live it and breathe it, which keeps me happy!
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
I grew up in the 90's so I'm obsessed with boy bands and Britney Spears. I also really like chill electro music, like SBTRKT.
10. Words to live by?
Don't think, just do.