Photographer: Mamen Fajardo
Instagram: www.instagram.com/mamen_fajardo - @mamen_fajardo
Twitter: www.twitter.com/MamenFajardo - @MamenFajardo
Stylist: Bárbara Lafuente
Hair & MUA: Mario Rubio
Model: Nadia Kloet @Delphoss International Model Agency
FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER INTERVIEW
1. What does this collection say about your mindset when you were creating it?
I wanted to reflect the female role model: A strong woman who works hard and keeps on loving fashion and express herself through it.
2. Where do you most often find inspiration from? And when you lose it…what do u do to find it?
I'm always looking for inspiration, and when I'm completely lost, my inspiration comes from my favorite’s photographer like Emma Summerton, Mario Testino, Txema Yeste, Jonathan Segade, Lara Jade…
3. What do you look for and lookout for… when putting together the perfect set team?
My team must be a group of talented and nice people (I don't like egos). But most of all, they have to work very hard.
4. Why editorial, session work? So many say it’s a dead road… why did you continue to pursue this path?
I just love so fashion editorials so much!
5. While on set, how do you stay focused?
I try to capture the little things and moments happening that day. I like to adapt my idea to the circumstances.
6. Share with us the most unexpected thing that has happened while on set, good or bad.
While shooting in the exteriors of the Royal Palace in Madrid, a group of Japanese tourists stopped by to see how we were working and they took a lot of pictures!
7. Favorite quote or quotes you live by? And how do u apply them to your work? What is your personal mantra?
“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” ― John Lennon
“Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.”-Conan O'Brien
I like nice, hard-worker people who loves what they are doing.
My personal mantra … always be myself and never be an evil person.
8. Is there anyone experience(s) in particular that you feel has made the biggest impact on your career?
A few years ago I went through a deep depression that really has never gone away, I'm still battling and I won't give up until it is defeated.
9. What do you believe is a common mistake within the industry? And what can others do to avoid being a cliché?
I think that the work must “speak” more than the artist.
I don't want to be a celebrity, I just want to be better, photo by photo. I don't care if I’m “cool” or not.
10. Favorite adult beverage? Why…and when did u first have one?
I love almost frozen beer, but I do not drink it daily.
I think my first time was when I was 15 …and I just wanted to know how it tasted